Parknav Teams Up with TransForm, CatalyzeSV, Parkade, and San Jose Downtown Association to tackle parking in San Jose.
San Jose, March 2nd, 2023
Do you live, work, or visit San Jose? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that there’s a new parking solution in town! TransForm, CatalyzeSV, Parknav, Parkade, and San Jose Downtown Association have joined forces to tackle the parking problem in San Jose.
SPOT SJ (Smart Parking for Optimal Transportation in San Jose) will harness the power of technology to inform decision-making, engage the public, and make a more affordable, inclusive, and vibrant city. This collaborative project is made possible through a generous grant from The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Parknav’s machine learning technology will allow planners and the community to have data-driven conversations about parking—showing what is available and when. Parknav can also forecast the effects of parking regulations or supply changes. Drivers can also use an app powered by Parknav to find on-street and off-street parking in real-time.
‘‘We are excited to partner with TransFormCA, the Knight Foundation, and the City of San Jose Downtown Association to bring better information about parking for city services, planning, residents, and visitors of San Jose,” said Eyal Amir, CEO of Parknav. ‘‘We are looking forward to working with our partners to deliver better usage of parking spaces and better mobility and transportation for drivers.‘‘
Here are just a few things SPOT SJ will help accomplish in San Jose:
- Enable San Jose to grow the number of residents downtown.
- Promote more affordable housing, reduce development costs, and give residents an income stream from their parking spots.
- Create more outdoor dining and event green spaces, and help create amenities that attract more people to downtown and support local businesses.
- Make existing parking more efficient, reducing spillover impacts on on-street parking.
- Use parking data in city planning to allow for more bike and transit lanes without creating big parking headaches.
- Help drivers find available parking with real-time and predictive parking-availability information
Read more about the SPOT SJ project –
The Official Blog by TransForm: https://www.transformca.org/post/spot-sj
News article from The Mercury News: https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/02/07/less-parking-more-housing-san-jose-tech-rollout-tests-appetite-for-parking-contraction/
News article from The Streetsblog SF: https://sf.streetsblog.org/2023/02/14/guest-post-introducing-spot-sj-a-new-partnership-for-a-more-vibrant-san-jose/
Founded in 2015, Parknav® revolutionized the ability to see real-time parking availability information. Using AI and patented data science technologies, Parknav provides the most comprehensive on-street and off-street parking information with real-time parking availability, turn-by-turn voice-guided parking navigation, and parking restrictions. For more information, visit www.parknav.com