VP Engineering (Software R&D)
Location: North America, Europe, Israel
Ai Incube (Parknav) produces and sells a city-knowledge cloud service and software API to enterprises in mobility and smart city. Our customers include fortune-500 enterprises such as car OEMs and telecoms as well as smaller enterprises such as city-solution providers. We increasingly sell software packaged solutions SaaS.
We are looking for a VP Engineering (software R&D) that shall play a pivotal role in scaling Ai Incube’s team. You will help us find product-market fit and improve our current product-market fit, you will mentor and manage our existing tech team, develop and execute a hiring and on-boarding plan for future growth, and work to optimize our existing development process to remove friction and accelerate solutions. You will work closely with Ai Incube’s CEO to develop and hit key technological targets, and collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, product, and marketing.
By necessity, we are innovating a new way to sell SaaS into the mobility sector – with short sales cycles, lightning fast implementation, and significant up-sells within the first 12 months of working with a new customer. We are looking for someone who is excited to develop software hands on, build a tech team, and deliver in a distributed startup environment. Our technology is focused on cloud backend, and we do have strength as well in front-end mobile applications and integrations with front ends of our customers. The product works and we have a list of A-class customers and channel partners.
The VP Engineering/R&D is responsible for overseeing all technology related aspects of the company. The VP of Engineering/R&D will play multiple roles in order to be successful.
What you’ll do:
Planning & Roadmap
- Manage the effective execution of each project understanding business contexts, needs and deadlines.
- Develop project plans, strategies, detailed timelines with dependencies and milestones, resource forecasts, and status reports.
- Maintain a good grasp on project scopes, needs and results in order to effectively make decisions and lead the team involved in a reliable and efficient way.
Customer Journey, UX & Psychology
- Plan and develop constant improvements to products based on a deep understanding of customer psychology to fit the audience’s needs.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Solve problems and initiate collaboration within the team; anticipate, identify, and actively resolve issues.
- Proactive and positive attitude, always willing to partner to solve problems
- Effectively prioritize and communicate tasks, projects, initiatives, and feedback.
- Smartly differentiate “important” from “urgent”
Quality & Performance
- Oversee the quality of project delivery and ongoing performance against objectives, to ensure satisfaction is fully met.
- Ensure visual quality and provide feedback internally before providing the final.
- result considering that the projects are for the front end and will be seen
- Ensure the outcomes are aligned with the expectations, guidelines, and rules.
- Monitor Performance KPIs and mitigate any risk.
Meeting & Communication
- Facilitate meetings and working sessions with the cross-functional teams setting the right expectations, outcomes, and ensuring effectiveness and clear action items.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly internal project status meetings.
- Serve as the main point of contact on your delivery-related items, both internal and external.
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are met
- Monitor web analytics and make recommendations that align to business goals
- Establishing software development process and set objectives for process
- Mentor team members
- Maintain network security
- Review timeframes and budgets
- Develop and implement disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Supervise workflow of IT department
- Define company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Ensure company’s technological processes and service comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations
- 5+ years experience as Technical Leader or Lead Architect
- 3+ years of people management: Proven ability to effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously; including multi-disciplinary team, budgets and schedule information.
- Deeper understanding of Cloud-Service Architecture, GCP, AWS, or Azure.
- Good problem-solving skills and confidence when facing challenges to ensure the project is pushed forward without strict control from managers
- Sales & Communication skills to understand customer psychology, user behavior to visualize and create products that fit audience needs.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong structured thinking skills as well as a proactive attitude
- Knowledge in one or more of the following is desirable: AI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision.
- Algorithms knowledge and mastery mandatory
- Experience in mapping and GIS technology relative to the industry
- Experience with our tech stack – Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, GCP/AWS
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Experience in iOS and Android development a plus
PARKNAV is an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to meeting you!